We are extremely happy with our new kitchen and the comments from family and friends have all been very positive.
— Mrs D.
I love my new kitchen it is great !
Dekton - The Toughest Kitchen Worktop
So often here at Designer Kitchens for Less we are often asked whether there is a kitchen worktop that is indestructible. Until now, we’ve always had to answer ‘no’. But not anymore! We now stock the latest worktop that can withstand pretty much anything and everything you throw at it. Introducing Dekton, the hardest wearing worktop we’ve ever supplied. As you’ll see in the video below, it’s not only hard wearing, but it looks incredible.
Dekton worktops are a hybrid of the very best materials on the market. It combines quartz, porcelain, and glass to make the most hard-wearing material available in kitchens today. This worktop is incredible; below we highlight some of the key features which make these kitchen work surfaces a cut above the rest:
- High Ultra Violet (UV) resistant - it is highly resistant to the UV rays from the sun, meaning that it won’t fade or degrade over time.
- Highly scratch resistant - the most scratch resistant worktop on the market, this worktop will stay looking brand new despite over-zealous use of knives or other sharp objects. However, we do still recommend using chopping boards for safety.
- Stain proof - the Dekton worktops are completely stain proof. This worktop will hold up against any spillages. Even common household chemicals like bleach, drain cleaners or oven degreasers won’t harm this worktop.
- High heat resistance - when taking a pan straight from the oven you need to put it down quickly. Most worktops require a trivet, but with Dekton you can just place a scorching hot pan straight onto the worktop.
- Higher mechanical resistance - this basically means that it’s strong, extremely strong! 5 times the strength of granite, Dekton can be installed with an unsupported worktop overhang of 12 inches; perfect for that breakfast bar you’ve always wanted.
- Non-Porous - unlike worktops such as wood, Dekton doesn’t require sealing. No liquids will penetrate the surface, so your worktop stays perfect no matter how long the liquid sits on it. This makes Dekton very low maintenance, perfect for those with families or a busy lifestyle.
- Colour stability - when you have multiple Dekton worktops lined up next to each other they will have consistent colour. This is because Dekton is a precisely engineered material and the manufacturer can control the colour completely, giving you the exact finish you have in mind.
- Less cuts and joins - with Dekton being such a strong material, the worktop length can be much bigger, meaning fewer divisions in your worktop. This can give you a seamless worktop without any visible joins.
Dekton is highly customisable. It is currently available in three thicknesses: 8mm, 12mm and 20mm. The thickness you choose will depend on your design and requirements. There are 30 colours available, so you can find the one that will complement your kitchen design perfectly. There are a range of edge finishes, from the square to the chamfered edge, so there is plenty to choose from.
Dekton is a long-term worktop for those that want a truly unique and highly functional designer kitchen. Not only is it the toughest worktop material we’ve ever stocked, but also a very versatile surface, able to fit into almost any kitchen design. It's perfect for those that have a very busy lifestyle and need a kitchen worktop that will be resistant to daily wear-and-tear and still look great.
If you’re interested in the Dekton worktop for your kitchen then give us a call on 01279 504230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can read all about the other worktops that we work with in our recent worktop guide blog.