We have something exciting to share with all of you, it’s a revolutionary worktop called Dekton. It’s an almost indestructible worktop which can withstand (almost) anything and everything you throw at it, it’s the hardest wearing worktop we’ve ever supplied. As you’ll see in the video below, it’s not only hard wearing, but it looks incredible, it can easily transform the appearance of your kitchen.
Dekton worktops represent the cutting edge of what is possible with kitchen worktops, they’re a hybrid of the very best materials on the market. It combines quartz, porcelain, and glass to make the most hard-wearing material available in kitchens today. This worktop is incredible; below we highlight some of the key features which make these kitchen work surfaces a cut above the rest:
- High Ultra Violet (UV) resistant – The slow fading of your worktop is inevitable, and you don’t notice it until you move your kettle and notice the difference. Dekton is highly resistant to the UV rays from the sun, meaning that it will stay looking new for years.
- Highly scratch resistant – You should always use a cutting board when chopping veg, but those rules do not apply to kids and when we’re in a rush. Dekton is the most scratch resistant worktop money can buy, so don’t worry if you ‘forget’ to use a chopping board. However, we do still recommend using chopping boards for safety.
- Stain proof – Think Granite worktops are stainless? Think again! They can be permanently stained by something as basic as a lemon. The Dekton worktops are 100% stain proof. They will withstand any spillages, including Lemons!! They’ll even holdup to chemicals such as bleach and strong oven cleaners.
- High heat resistance – We’re all lazy, we all take an oven tray out and quickly place it on top of our worktop without protection, but if you have a laminate worktop for example this can cause permanent heat marks. A lot of worktops will require a trivet, but not Dekton, you can simply place the pan straight on it. However, don’t forget about burns from residual heat!!!
- Higher mechanical resistance – Dekton has 5x the strength of Granite worktops. This means that it can be installed with a larger unsupported overhang compared to other worktops.
- Non-Porous – This means no liquids will penetrate the surface, this worktop always stays perfect, regardless of how long the liquid sits on top of it. Making Dekton very low maintenance, perfect for those with families or a busy lifestyle.
- Colour stability – Sometimes you’ll need multiple pieces of Dekton to construct your kitchen, but it’s important that the colours matchup perfectly. With Dekton the colours are precisely engineered so that the colours are perfect every time, giving you the perfect finish every time.
- Less cuts and joins – In case you missed us mentioning it, Dekton is a very strong material, one key advantage this gives you is that it can be produced in much longer lengths. These longer lengths means that you need less pieces to make up a long run, therefore giving you less join lines.
Dekton is an investment in your kitchen, it’s built so that you won’t have to replace it every few years, it’s made to last! It is currently available in three thicknesses: 8mm, 12mm and 20mm, and you can choose from 30 colours. Plus, it comes in a variety of edge styles. We’re sure that you can find a colour/size combination that’ll match your kitchen design.
This worktop is revolutionary in the kitchen industry, needless to say; we’re very excited about it! It’s perfect for those of you that have a very busy lifestyle and need a kitchen worktop that will be resistant to daily wear-and-tear and still look incredible several years on.
If you’re interested in the Dekton worktop for your kitchen, then give us a call on 01279 504230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can read all about the other worktops that we work with in our recent worktop guide blog.